1 January 2004

Happy New Year!

It's 2004! Yay!

Of course, on such a virtuous blog as this one, New Year's Resolutions have to be made. I hear people saying that they are made to be broken but I need to get my motivation from somewhere and December was an evil month for me. I feel like I've put on a stone, my lungs feel like they have the capacity of a six-year-old and I feel weak and feeble.

So these are the resolutions...

1- Become a non-smoker
2- Get to a healthy weight
3- Do exercise

Doddle! But lets look a little deeper into these decisions.

I am thirty-one now and in a couple of years I will have spent more of my life as a smoker than a non-smoker so it has got to be the highest priority. I think it will affect my weight in the short term which will not be good for number two but after a few weeks I should be able to do number three without collapsing in a wheezing heap. It's definitely the toughest one but I've been looking around the interweb and found a few good sites with some really useful stuff. I will reveal these when I announce my quitting day.

I should be able to handle the weight thing okay. I have done it before and I have had some success in recent months so I can do it. I am a little worried as to how number one will affect my weight loss but number three will help a great deal.

The exercise thing will take motivation but when I do the smoking thing it will get easier and easier. I will start with running. I bought some fancy running shoes in the summer and I still haven't used them properly. I will start small and work my way up from there. Even if I can only do 20 minutes to start with, it will be a step in the right direction. I want to go back to doing kick boxing but in the state I'm in, I'll get my arse whupped so that will be later.

So there you have it. I'm going to use this as my way of announcing anything good or bad and I hope to get lots of encouragement from anyone who reads this. So give me a cheer if I do good and give me a slap if I do bad. Heh... I'm going to blog myself healthy...

No comments: