11 November 2003

According to this report obesity levels are soaring in this country. At this rate, 40% of people in the UK will be obese within a single generation.

So what is obese? If your Body Mass Index is over 30.0 kilograms per cubic meter, you are classified as obese. I worked mine out on this online tool. I am at 28.3 so I am not classified as obese (phew...) I did once have a BMI of 36.0 so I'm doing good to be where I am. If your BMI is at 20.0 to 25.0 then you are at a healthy weight. I need to get to a weight of 12 stone to have a BMI of 22.8 but I reckon that is to low for me so 12 stone 6 pounds will probably do which is 3 pounds below the target I set myself 2 weeks ago.

Somehow, all this scientific stuff and numbers doesn't seem right when it comes to people's weight but I suppose they have to classify stuff properly for their statistics.

No comments: