4 February 2004

24 hours later

It's been 24 hours since I stopped smoking. Here's some things I found out about my habit and stopping. All are 100% FACT.
:: I have been smoking an average of 20 cigarettes a day for 15 years
:: I have tried to stop before and can remember what started me again
:: On a previous attempt, I was successful for four months
:: I am heavily addicted to Nicotine and will need help to overcome this
:: I am using nicotine patches
:: A new motivation that has recently arisen is that my ickle sister has quit
:: I will save about £700 this year by stopping
:: If I smoked all my cigarettes from the last 365 days in a row, I would have to smoke contiuously for 30 days
:: I want improve my general health and be able to exercise without running out of breath quickly
:: I want to reduce my risk of serious illness
:: I am practicing deep breathing exercises to do if I get the urge to smoke
:: I am worried that I deal with negative emotions by smoking and this may be a factor that works against me, especially at work
:: I need Amy to support me and she is already doing this by stopping herself and I think she will be successful
:: I need Mum to support me by being non-judgmental and understanding if I go "off on one"
:: I need my mates to support me by providing refuge if I'm at home alone and my motivation deserts me
:: My home smells like an old ashtray


Since my last cigarette, how has my health improved?
:: My blood pressure and my pulse have returned to normal
:: Circulation has improved in my hands and feet
:: Oxygen levels in my blood have returned to normal
:: My chances of a heart attack have fallen significantly
:: Carbon Monoxide has been eliminated from my body
:: My lungs have started to clear out excess mucus and other crap


[Sources: Ash and Niquitin]

No comments: